Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Bessie Coleman Barbie IRL

Mattel Shipper for the Bessie Coleman Barbie, stock #HJX37-9993


I've taken a couple of photos of my Bessie Coleman Barbie from the Barbie Inspiring Women series after removing it from the Mattel shipper. (Thank you Amazon for leaving the doll's box in the original shipper and for shipping it inside another box with air packing material!) I'll take more photos later to use in the doll's museum installation. 

The doll uses the Desiree/Adria head sculpt.

This full-length photo illustrates the doll's 1920s-inspired aviator suit with the initials BC on the cap.


I tried to scan the entire back of the box, but the scanner interestingly only picked up the image of Ms. Coleman, which is illustrated next.

Bessie Coleman
Aviator
1892-1926

Ms. Coleman's bio from the back of the doll box is captured in the final photo. 
Bessie Coleman's bio


For around $35, the Bessie Coleman Barbie is available online on Amazon and Target at the time of this post. The doll is in preorder status at the Mattel Creations website.

©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Have to add a comment on this one! I don't have them yet but would love the Maya Angelou one. Her book was one of my favorites as a child. I missed this one but wouldn't mind having it either. There is one more I wanted, but I would have to find the list to remember. Anyway, these Barbies are fantastic. Now I just need more room for dolls...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!