Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Barbie Looks #14 Unboxed

Barbie Looks Model #14

Barbie Looks Model #14 close-up

Of the five dolls received for my birthday, Barbie Looks #14 is the only one I have deboxed. Photos of this lovely doll alone are shown above. Photos of the doll with other Barbie Looks dolls in my collection are shared below.

From L-R are Barbie Looks dolls #2, #4, #7, #10, and the newest doll to my collection, #14.

Barbie Looks #2 and #14 share the same head sculpt (known as Elle by Barbie collectors).

The shared head sculpt between Looks #2 and #14 is where the similarity ends. #2 is on a Curvy Barbie body, has a lighter brown complexion, and has an Afro hairstyle. #14 is on a Tall Barbie body. She has a much deeper complexion, and her hair is styled in an Afro puff. Both dolls are striking.

Because the other ladies have pierced ears, Elle insisted on having hers pierced, too. Instead of the bold choice of earrings the others chose, this Elle opted for turquoise studs to match her color block top.

The ladies strike one final pose.

After Jon returned to his display area, the ladies posed for the above final photo. A beautiful representation of sisterhood, their beauty radiates.



©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. That's really interesting that the two that share the same face sculpt both look like they are in a time warp. They seem to be from the past. Black is nice, but I think I like the colorblock of your newest one better as far as clothes go. The whole set is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mattel often recycles head sculpts. The use of different hair styles, colors, and textures; different body styles, complexions, and of course the clothing creates a "new" doll sensation. This head sculpt is fairly new. So, I'm not tired of seeing it reused yet, but that can happen with overuse. Fortunately, Mattel has many different head sculpts to use for Barbies now whereas in the past, there were maybe two at best at a time used for black dolls and other dolls of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't complaining about them doing it. I just thought it was interesting that the two dolls with the same sculpt both had a "past" type look. I am so glad there are more choices now though for head sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't view your comment as a complaint, but thank you for clarifying.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!