Thursday, December 14, 2023

It Looks a Lot Like Christmas

An Advent Nutcracker Santa lets us know as of today, there are 11 days 'til Christmas.

I began decorating early this year, the earliest that I recall ever decorating for Christmas.

It was the day after Thanksgiving when I retrieved a 5-ft cone-shaped pop-up Christmas tree and a few other decorations from the shed. Most of the other decorations are kept inside in my "Christmas decorations" closet which also serves as a coat closet.

A table of Santas (click or stretch to enlarge this and other photos)

This year's theme is Black Santas. From my Black Santa collection, I chose Santas with accompanying children or dolls and placed these on my formal dining room table as illustrated above. A few other Santas are in other areas of the house as well. Individual pictures of some of the table Santas are shown next:

One of my oldest Possible Dreams Santas is from 1993. He holds a doll in his left hand (on the right of the photo), and I added a mini Bratz doll for him to hold (on the left). In the back and to the left is Lighting the Way Santa. I placed a miniature doll into this Santa's bag.

Giddy Up Santa is another Possible Dreams Santa with a child in tow. The child is playing giddy-up horsie.

Night Before Christmas Santa is a vintage (1990s) Possible Dreams Santa. He is reading "The Night Before Christmas" to a little boy seated before him on a gift box.
 
Thank you Santa bends over to read the little girl's "Thank you" note. He has a doll for her.

Twinkle Twinkle Musical Santa includes a baby in a cradle. The cradle plays Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Daddy's Long Legs Santas

My two Daddy's Long Legs (DLL) Santas are also part of this year's Christmas decor because they are among my favorite and largest Santas. Unfortunately, I have somehow misplaced the 1996 DLL Santa's hat and bag of toys. Hopefully, I will find these later.

Next, I redressed a few of my dolls in Christmas clothes as illustrated below.

1940s Mama doll and Jamilla by Wendy Lawton

A 1940s composition Mama doll and Jamilla by Wendy Lawton are usually the first dolls I redress annually for Christmas. This year that tradition did not change. Jamilla, however, is usually held by Himstedt’s Matoka when dressed for Christmas or when dressed in her original clothes. The Mama doll holds her for the first time this year.

Jamilla is seen in a close-up photo.


Cecelie by Heidi Plusczok is dressed for Christmas and holds a paper doll of Gladys MacDowell's doll, Tuesday.

Curly Girls United, Honey, wears antler barrettes. She holds a resin ornament dressed in a reindeer costume complete with antlers, too.

Elle, Tamika, and Jon are ready for an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. It is Tamika's opinion, however, that her hooded sweater "isn't ugly!"

Create Your Dream Doll, Mila, wears a Santa jacket dress while decorating a mini Christmas tree.

I created and ordered two different batches of Christmas cards using photos of dolls that were at my mother's house that had been dressed for Christmas a few Christmases ago. The Christmas cards were mailed to family and friends last week. 

This is a draft of the front of a Christmas card order that I did not purchase. These same dolls, however, were used on the Christmas cards that I ordered and mailed.

There are currently 11 more days before Christmas. I hope everyone enjoys a stress-free holiday season and that all who celebrate will have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 



©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Debbie you have an amazing Santa collection.I'd like to find the Daddy Long Legs Santa! I also started decorating early this year. I wanted ro extend the season as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you're able to find the Daddy's Long Legs Santa that you desire, and I hope I can find my Santa's missing things.

      Delete
  2. Debbie this is so entertaining! I love all of your scenes and the back stories. You and the group keep my doll collecting alive if only virtually. Thank you for your doll work 😊 and for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a pleasure to hear that my posts are entertaining, informative, or otherwise engaging to readers. Thank you, Toni and you're welcome!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your holiday with us! Since Mom died on Dec 9 last year, we still aren't really decorating for Christmas. Our tree is up and the lights are on, but I never actually took it down last Christmas. lol I just turned it off. Its a small one, so it was no big deal. Maybe next year we will feel like decorating again. Hope you have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand how you're feeling Michelle having lost my mother the day after Thanksgiving last year. I pray that as the days and time progress you'll feel better about the holidays; but I know personally, I'll always have the feeling that things are just not the same and never will be without her presence. I am comforted in knowing that she would want me to keep on living in her absence and hold on to my positive memories of her.

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!