Thursday, December 21, 2023

Doll Purchases in Review 8

eBay doll purchases from August 15, 2021, through December 22, 2021

There appears to have been a lull in my eBay doll and doll-related purchases after August 15, 2021, as indicated by the dates of the above purchases.

1950s Athena-marked, Fata, Milano-tagged Hard Plastic Flirty-Eyed Doll

The August 15, 2021, purchase of the above 1950s hard plastic doll made in Italy was refunded because it arrived without pupils. The seller issued a refund for that reason and allowed me to keep it. I fabricated eyes for the doll as documented in a blog post here.


19-inch vintage Heidi Ott doll

Because of its realistic facial sculpt, this doll by Heidi Ott had been on my doll wishlist for a while until this one was found. As I documented here, I was horrified and disgusted after the doll arrived.

I needed black leggings for an outfit creation for one of my dolls and found a pair on eBay in this auction that ended on October 28, 2021.

Girly Fashion Doll Kayla is the doll that needed black leggings as described here.


Play Wonder Layla is an 18-inch doll by Madame Alexander.

I was contacted through this blog by a woman who lived outside the U.S. and desired but could not bid on the above auction for Play Wonder Layla by Madame Alexander. The eBay seller only shipped to U.S. addresses. I could sense from our email communication that this woman truly desired the doll and needed my help in acquiring it. After we agreed upon the details of my bidding and winning on her behalf, I did, in fact, win this auction and shipped the doll to her after the U.S. seller shipped it to me. All was well that ended well after an extended wait for the eBay seller to ship the doll to me and for the buyer to confirm receipt of the doll. 


Links to Previous Posts in This Series About Past Doll Purchases

©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I think my favorite fix in this one is the Italian doll. She needed a lot of cosmetic help. The most horrifying is the look the Heidi Ott doll arrived with, but she mostly needed clean up.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!