Monday, December 27, 2010

Barbie Basics 002 Denim, A Lucky Find

Barbie Basics Models 08 and 17 from Collection 002

I found this pair at Target today.  It was as though someone had haphazardly placed them there for me.  I noticed Model 17 first lying flat on top of other doll boxes.  After grabbing his box with excitement, I looked for others and found 08.  These were the only two dolls from this collection in stock.  I scanned their boxes, which resulted in the message, "Item not in system," a dΓ©jΓ  vu  moment.  The same thing happened to me last year when I found a lone So In Style Chandra and Zahara gift set at Target after Christmas.



After consulting two store associates and leading both individually to the previous Barbie Basics collections, the second associate determined, "since the collection is assorted, these are probably new but will still be the same price as the others."  Associate #2 rang them up for me in electronics for $19.89 each along with the rest of my carted items.


From the side, 08's haircut is jagged and lies completely flat in the back.  I am pleased with Ken's new head sculpt; and other than 08's jagged and flat haircut, I like both dolls and will eventually debox. 


The back of the box illustrates the entire collection. (Click any image to enlarge in a new window.)

dbg

Please adhere to copyright notice (see bottom of blog).

10 comments:

  1. Dang - how lucky can you get! I've been hoping they would show up on BarbieCollector.com before the end of the year, but so far - nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow he's gorgeous. The men won't have bendable legs either, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, right -- his legs are not bendable either.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sob for the not bendable knees.

    But high five and kudos for nabbing the new denim AA dolls, Debbie!

    Is it just me or does the new AA guy have the same head sculpt as the Twilight Jacob? A nosy mind wants to know, LOL>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, D7ana. I do not see any similarities, although you are probably not alone in your opinion that new AA Ken uses the same head sculpt as Twilight Jacob. I have an image of the two dolls together. Perhaps I will share it in a separate blog and let you decide based on that.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lucky, lucky girl. Are they a target only doll. Everyone who I've heard that has one got them at Target. I went to a couple of Targets but most didn't have them. The one that did only had some of the white doll that weren't as popular. I bet some sales clerk was putting that doll aside for themself. But you got him so... too bad! There is a reason why sale people hide things in the stockroom!
    Congrats!
    Oh by the way.... is he about the same complexion as Darren?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Ms. Leo. No, I don't think this collection is a Target exclusive, but I could be wrong there.

    Model 017 or Ken appears to be a shade darker than Darren. His complexion has more red in it. Darren's has yellow undertones. I'll share comparison photos.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have the barcode number from the box of 17?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only for a fellow doll lover will I dig through the trash.

    The bar code is:

    0 27084 93209 6

    I'm not sure if the 0 and 6 are necessary.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!