Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Magnetic Paper Dolls from Dollar General...

...what not to buy.
Magnetic (and I use that term loosely) Fashion Dolls from Dollar General

 During a recent trip to Dollar General (DG), I saw and purchased this pair of "magnetic" fashion dolls.  Their funky fashions and non-traditional hair color appealed to me.  "Magnetic, too?  It should be fun mixing and matching their fashions," I thought.  Since they were only a dollar, I carted them.

Got home, washed my hands to remove environmental elements, put stuff up, grabbed a quick snack, photographed the pair (as shown above), and opened up the redhead's package.

Magnetic?  The fashions would not even stick to the doll with her lying supine.  Ughhh!  Yes, they were only $1 each, but if they're supposed to be magnetic, I expect magnetic.

So, I placed the redhead and her stuff back into the package, taped it closed as neatly as possible, retrieved the yellow Dollar General shopping bag, and placed both dolls in it along with the receipt.  I won't make a special trip back to DG, but I will return this pair the next time I am in the area. 

dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog
Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

14 comments:

  1. How about some double stick tape? LOL! I can hear you all the way over here. "BUT IT SAID MAGNETIC." But they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, but too late, Vanessa... they are already back at Dollar General.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain: I have also magnetic dolls. I placed them in my fridge. They also have dresses and handbags. I decorate the fridge in my kitchen ... Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful idea to decorate the fridge with magnetic paper dolls.

      They're wonderful when they work!

      Have you seen the travel magnetic paper dolls? They are packaged in a tin case that serves as a magnetic surface for the dolls and/or clothing. They are great for keeping little ones occupied when traveling.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. They are cute, but I so understand. I received some for my birthday this year. I have not taken them out the container yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are probably better left unopened. If you do open them, I hope they are still magnetic.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like 'em! I probably would have kept them even if they don't stick. I just think it's a cool concept and I like the graphics they used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have done like GG and kept them unopened, but I wanted to play and got disappointed when I couldn't.

      The outfits were fabulous in the one set!

      dbg

      Delete
  6. I bought these months ago from Dollar General. I hadn't opened them. But I planned to place them on the fridge one day for kitchen doll decor. I almost forgot I bought them. Do you think they will stick to the fridge. They are so cute, but it's so funny to find out they don't even stick. LOL! Well....$1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LaJoyceTheVoice,

      Maybe the package I opened was defective.

      There's only way to find out if your magnetic paper dolls are truly magnetic: open the package and try them out. I think they'd look realy nice on the fridge, if they are still magnetic.

      As Vanessa suggested, double-sided tape might work or a double-sided adhesive square for a more permanent hold.

      Thanks for commenting!


      dbg

      Delete
  7. I bought several of these from DG and all were great.... the packaging didn't look the same as the ones in your picture though. My daughter loves the ones we have so much that we're collecting them... and now they are hard to find. The ones she's gotten over a year ago still stick to the fridge and everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to hear that these or similar ones worked for you and your daughter. It must be fun collecting them together with her.

      dbg

      Delete
  8. I bought one and my granddaughters and I love them! Have had no troubles with them sticking. My only problem is finding more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to hear that you had better success with your Dollar General magnetic paper dolls than I did. It's a great way to spend time with your granddaughters.

    You might be able to find other magnetic paper dolls on Amazon, but they'll probably cost more than the DG ones. Good luck and have fun!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!