Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2009 International Black Doll and Gift Show Recap

Despite inclement weather, the 2009 International Black Doll and Gift Show held on December 5, 2009, in New York was another show success.  Show attendees' comments confirm the show was another first-class event. Viewing the video of some of the dolls and artwork exhibited, illustrates works by immensely talented individuals. 

Click image to enlarge

I know first hand of the talent possessed by one exhibitor:  Tanya Montegut - Dolls by MonTQ.  Before the show, I was given a preview of the dolls Ms. Montegut would exhibit.  The above pair of suede-cloth dolls, "We Love," were included in the preview and were on exhibit at the show along with several other Dolls by MonTQ that sold on show day.

Owning these beautiful dolls makes up for my inability to attend the show.  There's absolutely nothing better than owning a new doll or two. 

Merry Christmas, peace and blessings to all.

dbg

3 comments:

  1. I just love these dolls with no faces. Their hairstyles are so awesome and authentic. And yes, having a new doll is the cat's pajamas so enjoy.

    Merry Christmas and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis do you have any current contact infor for this sis? I was in contact with her last winter/spring preparing to buy one of her dolls but we lost touch. I still would love to have one. Her work is amazing! please let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please email me directly for the contact information I have available for Tanya Montegut (Dolls by MonTQ).

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!