Someone asked what I used to make Dena's shrug. The above photo points to the portion of the sock used to make the shrug.
I used the leftover material from the mid-to-bottom portion of the sock that was cut away, after the toe area was cut off. This section then has an opening in each end. It is turned horizontally so that the open ends are sideways. One arm is the open end then the material is stretched behind her back and her other arm is placed in the open end. In this photo, the yellow and peach pieces on the bottom right are the shrugs (they are vertically placed in this photo). The smaller pieces are the toe areas of the sock that were cutaway from the pieces used for the shrug.I took the following photos to illustrate Dena putting on the peach shrug:
1. Her arm is placed through the opening of the remaining sock material after the toe area is cut off.
2. The material is pulled across her back and her other arm placed inside the opening.
3. Both arms are in the opening.
4. The top and bottom portions of the back are pulled together to cover her back.
5. View from the front after all edges have been smoothed and/or tucked under.
It's so easy!