Thursday, February 15, 2018

Ohmydollin's Interview with Rosa Parks


The following post is one of several Black History Month installments shared with my doll group by one of our many creative members.  Ohmydollin (on Instagram) describes this as her interview with the incomparable ROSA PARKS which was conducted at Madame Tussaud's wax museum in Washington, D.C.

==========================
OHMYDOLLIN: What did you hope to accomplish when getting on that bus πŸšŒ?
MRS. PARKS: All I was doing was trying to get home from work. I was just trying to let them know how I felt about being treated as a human πŸ‘©πŸ½‍πŸ’ΌπŸ‘©πŸΎ‍πŸ’Όbeing.
===========================
OHMYDOLLIN: What made you not give up your seat πŸ’Ί that particular day?
MRS. PARKS: I had given up my seat πŸ’Ίbefore, but this day, I was especially tired. Tired πŸ€¦πŸΎ‍♀️from my work as a seamstress, and tired from the ache πŸ’” in my heart . Arrest me for sitting on a πŸšŽ? You may do that.
===========================
OHMYDOLLIN: Mrs. Parks, did you realize that your actions would result in social change ⚖️?
MRS. PARKS: At the time I was arrested I had no πŸ€·πŸ½‍♀️idea it would turn into this. It was just a day like any other day. The only thing that made it significant was that the masses of the people joined in. πŸ‘¨πŸΎ‍πŸ­πŸ‘©πŸΎ‍πŸ³πŸ‘©πŸ½‍πŸŽ“πŸ‘¨πŸΏ‍πŸ”§
===========================
OHMYDOLLIN: Were you afraid of what would happen if you did not comply with the bus πŸšdriver πŸ‘¨πŸΌ‍✈️?
MRS. PARKS: I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; πŸ’ͺ🏽knowing what must be done does away with fear.
============================
OHMYDOLLIN: Mrs. Parks, how would you like to be remembered πŸ€”?


MRS. PARKS: I would like to be remembered as a person who wanted to be free … so other people would be also free . Whatever my individual desires were to be free , I was not alone. There were many others who felt the same way. πŸ‘¨πŸΎ‍πŸ­πŸ‘¨πŸΏ‍πŸ”§πŸ‘©πŸΎ‍πŸ³πŸ‘©πŸ½‍πŸŽ“

============================
And then she invited me to take my rightful seat πŸ’Ί on the πŸš. And when I hesitated she told me:
"You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right. Stand for something or you will fall for anything. Today’s mighty oak πŸŒ³is yesterday’s nut πŸ₯œ that held its ground."

πŸ’ͺ🏽 So, I got on the πŸš and took my πŸ’Ί! And even though they kicked my seat and yelled at me...I stayed!! 

(Note: this Madame Tussaud's museum display really does simulate the kicking and yelling πŸ˜²)



__________

In lieu of using pictures of her face on Instagram, Ohmydollin selected a Barbie face that actually looks like her. The body, however, is hers.


#rosaparks #blackhistorymonth

dbg
Thank you for reading. Was this post helpful?
Follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black
View the Doll Events page for updates. Check out my eBay listings here.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my life! This is so good! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. This is from a time of shame for America. I love hearing and reading stories about the brave souls who have given so much to make all of our lives better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only I do I love the interview session, the dolls were are sooo realistic looking. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brini, you're welcome!

      Rosa Parks is a life-sized wax model. Ohmydollin was seated next to her at the Madam Tussaud Wax Museum in DC. She used an app to swap her head with a Barbie's head and made modifications to the doll's smile. That is her body in the photos.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!