Monday, August 26, 2019

1st Look @ Rosa Parks Barbie


It's obvious that Mattel did not create a new head sculpt for the Rosa Parks Barbie, but I am thrilled that this historical icon is being honored.

More pictures and to preorder (the doll is scheduled to ship on September 6, 2019) navigate here.

The Sally Ride Barbie is available to preorder here.

Update 08/27/19:  The Rosa Parks Barbie was briefly on backorder status yesterday, but now the doll seems no longer available to even backorder at Barbie.mattel.com, where "find at retail" is indicated on the buy page.  Keep checking their site and also with authorized Barbie retailers.  I knew the doll would be popular with collectors as well as non-collectors.  This quick one-day preorder sellout is proof.

Update 08/30/19:  Try ordering through Walmart.com.


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for following, commenting, and sharing using the share button below.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. I am thrilled as well but I’m a bit disappointed in her face. I would like to have seen her with a dignified look of determination, if that makes sense, rather than a cheerful smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, your desire for a dignified look of determination does make sense. Mattel could have done better.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. I think the Rosa Parks doll is very lovely. If I were a different kind of collector I would have tried to buy her. I don't expect Mattel to create a special facial sculpt for her or any other person inasmuch as new sculpts cost a small fortune and, after all, these iconic "She-ros" are an extremely limited edition. The fact that so few of these dolls are produced and are not found in stores, seems to defeat their purpose, in my opinion. I love the idea there are Barbies to pay hommage to notable leaders, celebrities, sports stars and what have you, but if they never make it into the hands of the children they hope to inspire, why bother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabby Douglas, Misty Copeland, Ibtihaj Muhammad, Brandy and other Barbie sheroes/celebs have their own special sculpts. So it has been done. Mattel is just selective about which dolls receive dedicated sculpts.

      The limited quantities available to purchase is always unnerving. Scalpers are already attempting to sell this doll on eBay for $100+.

      dbg

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!