Thursday, August 15, 2019

Nathaniel Doll's Redress

16-inch doll by Nathaniel

Recall that I used a gold lamé scarf to fashion a dress for the 16-inch all-vinyl doll by Nathaniel, shown above.  At the time of my previous post, I had not yet decided on a name for the doll.   I have since named her Ayanna after U.S. Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley.


When I ordered Ayanna's gold lamé Roman sandals, I also ordered a long-sleeved dress for her from a different seller.  The dress finally arrived.  It fits her perfectly as illustrated by the following photos.

The dress has 3/4 length bell sleeves

She wears it with her copper jewelry.  Her necklace gets a little lost in the pattern of the dress.

The necklace can be seen somewhat better in this photo.

The dress has a Velcro closure in back.

Ayanna has decided to replace the gold lamé wrap dress with the brown print dress.  She continues to wear her gold sandals, headscarf, and as mentioned, her copper earrings and necklace.


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for following, commenting, and sharing using the share button below.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. She is so pretty. (She could be your daughter!) I like her new dress. It is so precious. On another topic.....how do you organize your dolls? Doll room or are they scattered all over your home? How do you keep track of everything you have. Do you have an annual doll budget or do you buy on a whelm. Just curious because you have such a vast and diverse collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, April!

      I have a doll room were 99% of my dolls are displayed. That room serves as my home office as well. Only a small area of the room is my office space.

      Since 2007 I have maintained written doll inventory using a workbook I created using Microsoft Excel. Each time a doll is purchased, it is photographed and information about it entered on the current year's spreadsheet of the workbook. Each entry provides the month of purchase, manufacturer's name and year made, doll's name, description, price paid or if it was a gift, current value, and a photo.

      I have never had a doll budget; and yes, admittedly, in the past I have purchased on a whim. This year I have been more conscientious about what I spend on dolls than I have ever been and this new doll-buying behavior will continue.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. what is the oldest doll that you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pair of circa 1840s handmade cloth dolls that were given to me by the great-granddaughter of their original owner are the oldest dolls I own. Why do you ask?

      dbg

      Delete
  3. very pretty doll! I also collect dolls from my childhood. And dolls of the Soviet period, because it was during this period that I was a child. I have 2 black girls and one boy. One of them I named Topsy. I'm from Russia and I'm against the war 🙁🙏

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your doll story. Many manufacturers named their Black dolls Topsy.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!