Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Shiona Turini's Barbie Styles


The photo and text are from the Barbiestyle Instagram page・・・ Proud to collaborate with stylist and creative consultant @shionat for this series celebrating diversity through fashion. "It was important for me to reflect on Barbie as an icon through the lens of black culture during Black History Month. I drew inspiration from the first black Barbie seated in her all-red look. I incorporated her into the lineup with no alteration and built new looks with inspiration from an outfit ➡️ that makes me feel confident and empowered"- Shiona Turini. ❤️ #shionaturini #blackhistorymonth #barbie #barbiestyle
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8sSttTJgbU/?igshid=wxn59s2d4wqt

See the four OOAK fashion collections by Shiona Turini in the People. com article here.

Ms. Turini designed the costumes for the movie Queen & Slim.

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for following, commenting, and sharing using the share button below.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, thanks for sharing that with us. I followed the link and really enjoyed the various photos. If they ever release those dolls, I am definitely getting the doll that is modelled in the likeness of Shiona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! The one modeled after Shiona is nice! It would be very difficult for me to choose just one if they made the entire collection, but that one would be among the choices.
      :-)

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!