Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Bessie by Sebino

This is a photograph of the lower portion of the box for Bessie, an 11-1/2-inch fashion doll by Sebino from 1977/1978.


After seeing a photo of Bessie on Pinterest approximately two years ago, I saved the photo to my phone as a reminder that I needed her in my collection. I eventually (about a month or so ago) saved an eBay search for Bessie. I was notified shortly afterward of a listing for a redressed Bessie. My Bessie needed to be all original with the original box, so I passed on that auction. 

During recent communication with a member of one of my Facebook groups, we chatted about clone Black fashion dolls. I mentioned my desire for Bessie and he shared the link to an auction for, guess what, an NRFB Bessie by Sebino. I couldn't believe it because this doll is extremely difficult to find.

Because of Bessie's rarity, I have installed my doll in DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum where additional photos and details can be found here


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. She is all set for a walk on the beach on the Italian riviera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is all set for a walk on the beach on the Italian Riviera, no shoes needed.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!