Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Jason-Wu/Michelle Obama-Inspired Inaugural Gown by Pat Green

Jason-Wu-inspired inaugural gown by Pat Green was made for a 16-inch doll.


I attended one of seamstress, doll artist, and designer, Pat Green's, live Facebook sales where I purchased a dress made for a 16-inch fashion doll. The dress was inspired by the embroidered white silk chiffon one-shoulder inaugural ball gown designed by Jason Wu in 2009 for former First Lady Michelle Obama.

I didn't know which doll would wear the gown, I just knew I wanted it. 

After it arrived, I tried the well-made gown on one of my Wilde Imagination Lizette dolls, but her torso is too broad; the dress would not close in the back. 

Because Pat offered several nude Esme dolls, Tonner's #1 (red dress) Esme was my second choice. The dress did fit Esme, but I wanted to try it on a different Esme to be certain I had selected the right doll.

Ultra Basic Esme from 2009 wears the Wu-inspired dress by Pat Green.


The dress fits Ultra Basic Esme perfectly. Her complexion is a better match for the ivory color of the dress, and her articulated elbows and wrists provide more posing options. 

A pearl necklace is a perfect accent.

I made a string-pearl necklace to complement the gold and pearl Frankin Mint stud earrings Esme was already wearing. 

The ivory pumps are barely visible in this picture.

Esme wears this lovely gown with ivory pumps from a Franklin Mint fashion made for their Jackie Kennedy doll. 

Here is one final pose from the lovely Ultra Basic Esme.

She is the perfect model for this lovely fabric-flower and crystal-embellished dress by Pat Green, the administrator of the Facebook group, Doll Maker's Delight


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!