Thursday, August 19, 2021

Dutch Publication Interview


Jolie van der Klis, a contributing writer for the Dutch publication Poppen & Teddy-Beer (Doll and Teddy-Bear), interviewed me for the magazine's Summer 2021 issue. Published quarterly, the magazine is printed in Dutch in the Netherlands. I am deeply honored by this experience and exposure.

After receiving her copy, Jolie shared the following images of the six-page article, which is the first article in this issue. 

The genres of Black dolls I enjoy collecting...

...advances in today's Black dolls...

...things I enjoy doing with my dolls (redressing, making over, or transforming) and collecting one-of-a-kind dolls were some of the topics discussed in the article.

I will receive a hard copy of the magazine soon.

As a result of the interview, the publisher of Poppen & Teddy-Beer asked me to contribute articles for future publications, which I plan to do. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for their interest in including articles devoted to Black dolls in their publication and for asking me to help in that regard. 


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much,Linda! I am happy you were able to read most of the interview and that you found it interesting. Do you subscribe to Poppen & Teddy-Beer?

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful article and I love the pictures. Congrats Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the article and Thank You for spreading Black Doll Love across the world~
    Bev Flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Bev. Having the significance of our dolls recognized globally is one of my goals. This article will help in that regard.😊

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!