Thursday, August 26, 2021

Finally, This Guy

Barbie Signature Looks Ken #4


After numerous delayed shipments of my Amazon order for Barbie Signature Looks Ken with braids and bun, the doll finally arrived on 08/23/2021. Was he worth the wait? Yes. The pictures can illustrate why. 

As per my usual practice, I took photos of the doll in the box first and photos of the box. 

All the dolls in the collection are featured and numbered on the back of the box.

The lower half of the back of the box includes the introduction text illustrated above.

This is a cropped photo of the dolls in the collection as illustrated on the back of the box.

Out of the box photos:
A three-piece doll stand and a certificate of authenticity are included with Barbie Signature Looks Ken.

He wears a white mesh top, white jeans that close with Velcro in the back, and white high-top sneakers.

He has brown painted eyes, a broad nose, full lips, and chiseled cheekbones.

His top hair is microbraids in a bun. Around the sides, the hair is flocked.

His face sculpt is gorgeous! He reminds me of a young Georg Standford Brown.

Barbie Looks #2 joined in the photoshoot.

He adores her!

She adores him.

They are a beautiful couple.

I love his facial structure, his complexion, his articulation, his hair, pretty much everything about him.

As illustrated in this final photograph, Model #4 is written in gold print on the right side panel of the box. 

He was worth the wait, but Mattel and Amazon both need to provide better doll distribution. No one needs to endure multiple changes in shipping dates over a several-month period after preordering dolls. 

Related Link

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,

    Thank you for sharing in my happiness and love for this guy. Mattel really did a great job with this sculpt. I hope you're able to find the curvy Barbie soon.

    I meant to look for more earrings for her this week when I revisited the beauty supply store where I purchased these. It slipped my mind to check. I like these, but a slightly smaller pair is what I was looking for when I purchased these.

    Thank you for complimenting the pictures. I had to take the photos of him in the box and the photos of the box without the flash, which robs photos of their clarity and color but eliminates flash interference.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!