Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Trenton's New Wig

Trenton, a Ucanaan BJD, wears his original wig in this photo.

My plan (and this might still happen) had been to make a wig for my Ucanaan BJD boy by creating a wig cap and applying some of my saved hair to create an Afro. Time or my initiative to follow this plan through has not availed itself for this to happen. 

The wig that prompted a wig change/swap.


Recently, after deciding to re-wig a 1950s head-turning walker, and going through my stored doll wigs to find a wig for that doll, I found a small spiral curled wig that I had removed from a smaller doll years ago. I tried the spiral curled wig on my Ucanaan girl, Tina, and let Trenton wear the wig that Tina had been wearing. The wig change/swap is shown below.

Tina wears the rediscovered spiral curled wig. The wig she had been wearing is now worn by Trenton as illustrated next.

Initially, I thought this wig was too long for a boy because he's dressed in his school uniform, and perhaps the length of the wig would be against any school's policy. However, the rebel in me would go against any unreasonable policy that prevented a child from expressing themselves by wearing their hair in a way that allows self-expression and does not impose on anyone else. This hairstyle should not be an imposition to anyone. So he's wearing it.

Trenton and Tina pose together for this final picture.

The way Tina's hands are positioned, makes me think she wants something to hold. I wonder if that something needs to be a doll. We shall see. 


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!