Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Feeling Appreciated

I sold an extra copy of the Spring 2021 issue of UFDC's Doll News.


I received the following message through eBay from a buyer of one of my listings shortly after the purchase and before the item shipped.

Debbie, my fellow lover of, and passionate collector of Black dolls! I have known of you and your passion for Black dolls for years, decades, actually. When I just happened to run across this listing and saw that the magazine contains a Black Doll Museum article, my interest was immediately piqued. Then, after picking up on a few cues from your listing, I realized who you were as the seller of the magazine. I had no idea you were on eBay, but I was pleasantly surprised and quite amused by your user id, which is the same as mine except for the first 3 letters; I thought, "What a nice coincidence!" (Great minds think alike :o))

Anyway, I'm happy to be buying this magazine from THE Debbie B Garrett, creator and curator of The Virtual Black Doll Museum. I am hoping to retire from my job in a couple of years, at which point, I too, would love to devote my time to publishing a few coffee table books, as well as creating my own virtual museum of my decades-long collection of high-end Black dolls (modern, only). At that time, hopefully you wouldn't mind me contacting you for some of your suggestions and invaluable expertise.

Sincerely,

I thanked her for the purchase and congratulated her on her upcoming retirement. Additionally, I invited her to become a subscriber and patron of DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum, and I offered to share tips on publishing her coffee table books.

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!