Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Barbie Looks Model #7 Out of the Box

Barbie Looks #7 is seen in a photo taken with the box removed and the doll still attached to the box liner.

In my previous post, I was in such a hurry to share the Walmart dot com buy link for Barbie Looks Model #7 that I did not take the time to remove the doll from the box for a full examination and description. With the link shared, my doll has now been removed from the box with all intricate details recorded in my spreadsheet, and the following additional photographs were taken for this post.

Model #7 posed with the certificate of authenticity and the components of the doll stand.

She maintained a similar pose without the accessories.

The new head sculpt is marked ©2021 on the back of the head. I immediately noticed the mole or beauty mark above her left nostril. Blue eyeshadow outlines her brown eyes.


With her two-piece fashion of a shimmery silver midriff top and matching mini skirt, she wears knee-high gray Roman-style boots. Made of vinyl, the toe area of the boots is open.

Her rooted raspberry-red hair is styled in a right-sided high ponytail with wavy ends that extend below her waist.

With the ponytail ends moved to the front, the back of the top is visible in this photo. 

I don't particularly care for the appearance of the joints on these dolls which makes them look more like action figures. Imperfections and even scratches in the vinyl result from whatever jointing process Mattel is using. The back of this doll's upper thighs and the area immediately below the knee joints in the back were not spared from these unsightly imperfections.

Model 7's ears were pierced with the posts of the first pair of earrings she tried on (borrowed from Barbie Looks Model #2).

Model #7 rocks these oversized disk-shaped, faux diamond-encrusted earrings.

She opted to wear a smaller pair of triangular silver earrings instead.

BMR1959 with purple Bantu knots and Model #7 are shown in a complexion comparison photo. The BMR Barbie's complexion is darker than Model #7's. Both dolls use the petite Barbie body.

The difference in their complexion is enhanced in this close-up photograph. Look at their arms.

Yellow-top Made-to-Move (MTM) Barbie's complexion is slightly lighter than Model #7's. MTM has more yellow undertones while Model #7's complexion has red undertones.

A closer look at MTM and Model #7's arms illustrates the subtle difference in their skin tones. Again, look at their arms.

If the height challenge of the petite body style is not your preference, rebodying with yellow-top Made-to-Move Barbie is an option. 

In the next two photos, Model #7 posed with her Barbie Looks predecessors.


Barbie Looks Models 4, 7, and 2

Each doll has a refreshingly different look. 


Next, they dressed for the holidays.

Since it's all about her, Model #7 posed in her Christmas sweater alone for the final photo.


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. I really like her!!! She's too pretty!! She stood out to me as soon as I saw them post wave 2. Thanks again for sharing that link. I love your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I can feel your enthusiasm. So glad you were able to order.

      Thanks for the kind words about my blog.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. I am glad to see more dolls coming out in the Looks line. I believe Mattel has done something right with this line. I have managed to order both ladies from Walmart and the guy just yesterday from Amazon which is more of a preorder as he is not going to be shipped for a couple of weeks. I should have the ladies soon and I am looking forward to getting them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been one of the best lines for Mattel with so many new and unique head sculpts. Congrats on ordering the ones you mentioned and thanks for letting me know Mattel's first Native American Ken is or was available on Amazon.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Thank you to share with us, yours dolls are very nice. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Shasarignis! It's always my pleasure to share my dolls.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!