Friday, March 4, 2022

Goldie's Book Receives Rave Reviews

Goldie Wilson's book is a beautiful pictorial of her dolls.


On Saturday, February 26, 2022, I received Goldie Wilson's book, Original Black Dolls by Goldie Wilson a Pictorial of Her Dolls.

In early 2020, Goldie expressed to me her desire to write a book, which I thought was an excellent idea because no other artist of chiefly Black dolls had ever written a book about their dolls. I informed Goldie that I did the layout of my image-intense third book, The Doll Blogs, When Dolls Speak, I Listen, and offered to do the editing and layout of her book. I explained to her that I could not begin for a few months until I completed some coursework. 

With the coursework complete, Goldie and I began working on the book in the Spring of 2020. By the end of 2021, the book was completed. The manuscript was sent to the printer in February 2022 and the first ultra-limited copies were released within a couple of weeks. Those have now SOLD OUT!

Goldie autographed the inside front cover of my copy.

The title page properly credits the publisher/author Goldie Wilson; the cover designer, Brian Young; and the layout designer and editor, Debbie Behan Garrett.

On Facebook, by phone calls, and by emails, Goldie has received rave reviews for the book with one email containing one word that fully describes it as MAGNIFICENT!

Because demand still exists for Goldie's book, if you would like to be added to the waiting list for the second printing, please email your full name, phone number, and email address to goldiewil@msn.com and let her know you would like to purchase a copy or (copies) of the second printing. She is taking preorders now.
 
dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!