Friday, March 25, 2022

Target's Christmas Sweater Ornaments

Christmas sweater ornaments from Target

Note: I just discovered this post from November 2021 was never published. So, I am publishing it now. Let it serve as a reminder to check out Target's website or stores in November for this year's Christmas sweater ornaments

***
I have too many of these already and vowed not to buy any this year, but while purchasing some ornaments from Target online, I saw these two and caved in. One has a wreath design. The other has a Santa design. My plan at the time of purchase was to paint Santa brown.

The Santa Christmas sweater ornament before painting is shown here.

I used nutmeg brown acrylic paint for Santa's face.

I had to also touch up some of Santa's mustache to cover red blushing that was inadvertently placed on the mustache instead of the face (a production flaw). I used a gray marker to outline the mustache afterward. 

This is the first year that I have used Christmas sweater ornaments for their intended purpose (as ornaments). In the past, as many other Barbie and other 12-inch fashion doll collectors have done, I've used them as sweaters for my dolls as seen here, here, here, and here.

The two ornaments from Target and others purchased in previous years hang from an ornament wreath.

The ornament wreath has six ornament hangers. In the past, I have used it to hang doll ornaments. As seen here.

******
While I was in repainting mode, I also painted two ceramic Santas at my daughter's request. They are seen in before and after photos next.

Ceramic Santas (before)

Santas close-up (before)

Ceramic Santas after painting

The Santas are seen in a close-up photo in this final photo.

My daughter was pleased.

***
2021 seems so long ago.

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!