Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Happy Birthday Barbie Millicent Roberts

BMR1959 Barbie dolls of color from waves 1 and 2; (the doll in orange is from wave 2.)


Barbie turns 63 today because of which I am celebrating the broad range of diversity in the Barbie line that has occurred in recent years.
 
The BMR1959 dolls shown above include dolls of different complexions, hair colors and textures, heights, body sizes, and genders. Note that only the dolls with the deepest complexion are illustrated here. See all the dolls from BMR1959 wave 1 here and wave 2 here.

Barbie Looks Models 4, 7, and 2


I am also grateful for the Barbie Looks dolls. Looks #4, #7, and #2 are my favorites from this line. 

I hope Mattel continues to offer diverse lines. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that the Shonda Rhimes Barbie will be produced and in sufficient quantities for everyone who desires one to purchase at retail. Mattel, can you hear me? "Shonda Rhimes is CEO of the global media company Shondaland... In her career, Rhimes’ work has been celebrated with numerous awards including induction into the Television Academy Hall of Fame. She has shifted the entertainment industry’s business model and changed the face of television." (Shop.mattel.com)

Happy Birthday, Barbie!

Update: Please sign the petition for Mattel to produce the Shonda Rhimes Barbie. Please sign it here.




dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! The Shonda Rhimes doll is beautiful. I hope they release her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely doll. I immediately knew it represented Shonda Rhimes without reading the description. Keeping hope alive that Mattel will produce it.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!