Thursday, November 30, 2023

June Bug's Repair and Return

June Bug is seen in a photo from 2010.

After removing June Bug from her display shelf this past summer, I noticed her limbs were floppy. She needed to be restrung. I took her to my husband for said repair. The following two videos cover the repair request.






June bug lies on the floor of my husband's studio along with the necessary stringing for the repair. She was later moved to a shelf before the repair commenced.

June Bug's shoes were deteriorating and her white tights were dingy. The following video explains the remedies.



The first restringing resulted in tautness in both legs. My husband decided to loosen those strings and fabricate new arm strings because the arms were still loose. It took a while for him to accomplish this because a more pertinent home improvement project required several weeks of his undivided attention. 

Restringing Completed!


All good again, almost.

After her dad completed the restringing, he brought her to me along with the extra elasticized string. I was lying in bed at the time and took the above quick photo to document her return. 

June Bug was almost ready to be redressed when I noticed a few very minor paint chips that needed repainting.

Using Folkart Shiny Maple Syrup acrylic paint, I painted over a paint-chipped area at the edge of the neck socket and another area in the joint of June Bug's inner left arm. 


In this picture, June Bug is redressed, holding her Daisy Kingdom mini doll (Dolly's Doll), and ready to return to her display shelf.

Finally, she is back on display with an antique DEP doll, antique reproductions, and modern dolls.

Related Links
June Bug's Virtual Black Doll Museum Installation

©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!


2 comments:

  1. She is so cute!! I love that you put the doll with her. Thank goodness your husband can restring these dolls for you. Hope to see some fun dolly stuff in your Christmas haul. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! I love her. I really appreciate my husband's ability to fix or repair almost anything around the house and in my collection :-) . If he doesn't know how, he'll research the problem until he finds the answer that will solve the issue. I thank God for a "thinking" man.

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!