Thursday, November 16, 2023

Pamela Be My BFF XL Family

XL Family dolls by Simba in a photo taken without the flash to eliminate flash glare resulted in a dark photo.

This is a follow-up to my post about the Steffi Love XL Family dolls. As it turns out, the doll set my brother purchased for me from Ollie's, that I thought was Steffi Love XL Family, is actually Pamela Be My BFF XL Family. Simba Toys obviously made different versions of the XL Family and named one set Steffi Love and the other Pamela Be my BFF. 

The top layer of a portion of the box top is missing from my dolls' box.

The box is undated. So, it is difficult to determine the year the Pamela set was manufactured by the German toy manufacturer, Simba Toys. Based on the condition of the box, which includes shelfwear, the Pamela set might be older than the Steffi Love version. A portion of the top layer of the box top is missing, and there is a dent in the plastic covering— which my brother pointed out, "It was like that at the store." (In other words, he didn't do it.) None of this matters to me because all I wanted was an XL Family of four dolls—father, mother, son, and daughter. The different name and minor box imperfections are irrelevant.

This photo was taken with the Pamela Be My Best Friend XL Family box placed next to my 35-inch Patti Playpal to illustrate the height of the box.

The package size is rather unique. The box almost comes to my waist and measures about 39 inches tall. I don't know why I was somewhat shocked about the box's height when my brother handed the box to me. It has to be at least this tall to accommodate a family of two 11-1/2-inch dolls and two approximately 4-1/2-inch dolls that are positioned one above the other.

The following individual photos provide a closer look at each family member.

Pamela (mom) wears a pink, blue, and white floral-print dress with dark pink high-heel strappy shoes. She has brown straight hair and brown-painted eyes. Pamela wears nude lip color.

The daughter has straight brown hair and brown-painted eyes. She wears a cherry-print white dress and dark pink sandals.

The son has dark brown molded hair and brown painted eyes. He is dressed in a blue and white striped top with attached dark blue and white pants and white vinyl sneakers. 

Dad wears a white T-shirt, khaki pants, and brown shoes. Like his son, he has dark brown molded hair and brown painted eyes.

Ollie's price tag includes the retail price.

The Ollie's price was $15.99. The sticker price indicates a retail cost of $19.99. Incidentally, Stacy Bailey-Ndiaye (who shared photos of her dolls for the previous post) paid $19.99 for her Steffi Love XL Family at a Love's Travel Stop (a gas station).

I am happy to now have Pamela Be My BFF XL Family and even happier that this doll set is no longer on my wish list.

©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

2 comments:

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!