Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Last Kish, Last Purchase


Alisha by Helen Kish, an 8-inch doll with bent baby legs has red hair and brown painted eyes.

Helen Kish is one of my favorite doll artists.  Her doll-children are the perfect size, from as tiny as 4-1/2 inches (the Kishlets) to 16 inches.  The ones I favor (friends of Riley) are 7 inches tall.

Usually I am forced to wait for dark-skinned dolls to enter Kish's doll lines.  I find myself anticipating the next one and often am required to wait more than a year.  This year Alisha was introduced.  I preordered her immediately in April.  She arrived last month, my last new doll, and was well worth the wait. 

More pictures:
Full-length picture of Alisha.  I added her pink ribbon headband.

Alisha on display; with arms gesturing, "Pick me up pweeze."

See more cute Kish kids here (courtesy of Phyllis Schlatter).

dbg

4 comments:

  1. I love Helen Kish and her dolls. I only have a couple and none of then are brown skinned. I have tried to get Jessamyn a couple of times, but those prices are sometimes prohibitive to my brain. The ones that I have, I bought on incredible sales. So is Alisha the same size as Riley? If she is, I am surprised she doesn't have bendable arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa,

    Alisha is sculpted on a larger scale than Riley and her friends. They (R&F's) stand 7 inches tall. Alisha is 8 inches tall and is an overall "thicker" doll than R&F.

    In the promo image, Alisha is held by one of Helen's 16-inch dolls.

    Only a select few of Helen's dolls are articulated. It would be nice if they all were.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the new Riley size dolls are articulated as of 3+ish yrs ago. Hopefully they still are. So when I thought she was Riley's size, I wondered why she hadn't gotten the articulation. Since she is bigger, I completely understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... with the exception of Mowgli, all my other older dark-skinned Riley sized dolls are not articulated. So it probably has been 3+ years since Helen made another dark skinned Riley friend, which is why I wouldn't have known she is now using the articulated bodies for this size now.

    It's too bad they choose not to include dark-skinned dolls at least once a year or once every other year, but chosing not to do so saves me money.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!