Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bijou's Arrival

Moxie Teenz Bijou
Moxie Teenz Bijou arrived yesterday.  I've photographed, deboxed, wigged, rewigged, and compared her to LIV's Alexis

Was Bijou worth the wait?  Actually, I purchased the doll locally yesterday after learning of her possible availability at Toys R Us.  After the purchase, I cancelled the Target.com order placed on 08/02/10, which showed an estimated arrival of 08/20/10 to 09/08/10. 

For a play line doll, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give Bijou a 6.  For $30, if the wigs fit better (they tend to slide off easily), joints less stiff, and accessories made of better quality, she'd score an 8+.  I keep telling myself:  she's a play doll... she's a play doll... she's a play doll.  But for $30, I expect perfection.

The results of my doll play are captured here (maximize your screen in the new window).


dbg

7 comments:

  1. I sometimes think about swapping heads with Moxie Teenz and Liv might be the answer, but then I remember that my issue with the Liv dolls is their big heads and weird eyes. Moxie Teenz are just so pretty, but the quality just isn't there. Liv are of much better quality, but ....let's face it, they have an alien quality about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Bijou is a cutie...especially in the afro wig close up shot. And true, she is just a play doll so the manufacturer's first concern may not have been the quality. But the Moxies sure are pretty and appealing. IMO, the Liv dolls are hard to look at.

    I'm going to call my TRU today and see if they have any Bijous in stock. If they do, I may just have to get her after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hugs,

    LOL @ "the LIV dolls are hard to look at" comment.

    I hope TRU has a Bijou for you.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update: dbg Thanks so much for the heads up. I called my TRU and they only had 2 Bijous in the store. They put one on hold for me and my Hubby stopped by TRU after work. He is on the way home with her now! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs - You're welcome! I'm glad you found one!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another update: Hubby brought Bijou home but neglected to get the afro wig because he was in such a hurry trying to get out of the store carrying a doll. That is what I get for letting my Hubby do my doll collecting for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute story! The afro wig is a must have!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!