Monday, December 30, 2019

All About the Doll Teonnie

All About the Doll Teonnie arrived in a heavyweight box that has the company's name written on the front.  The box was shipped in a plastic wrapper.

Teonnie arrived from the UK in early December after I discovered All About the Doll offers international shipping.  She has the sweetest face with such an infectious smile that I had to add her to my 18-inch doll collection.  Except for being sold without socks (no socks or tights with dress shoes is one of my doll pet peeves), she is perfect.  Her photoshoot and photo captions follow:

This is her very first photo taken while still in the box where she was not strapped in but arrived safely.

Teonnie has short brown hair with individual curls.  Her inset eyes are brown and she has thick upper eyelashes.  She has a smiling mouth with parted lips that expose her two upper teeth and the tip of her molded tongue.

In this photo, the front of her hair has been finger-combed down over her forehead.

From head-to-toe, she is made of artist vinyl.  Her white dress has purple and teal circles with an image of a bird within the circles.  There is a  purple sash at the waist.  She wears white panties and white patent-leather Mary Jane shoes.  Her fabric scrunchie matches the fabric of her dress.

The dress has a Velcro closure in back.

I used a plastic-bristle brush to comb out Teonnie's hair to give it a fuller look as I prefer this look over the individual curls.

Teonnie wears the scrunchie on her wrist in this photo.


I decided to pierce her ears using a push pin. 

Her faux diamond earrings can be seen slightly better in this photo.

Teonnie's Socks

I used a 1-1/2-inch white headband to make Teonnie a pair of socks by first folding the headband in half and cutting it along the center.  

This created two pieces to use for socks with openings on all sides.

I stitched one end of both pieces using a gathering stitch first going from left to right and again from right to left.  This end would be the toe of the sock.  

A final overcast stitch along the edge was done for reinforcement.

The socks were then turned inside out so all stitching would be inside.  The socks fit Teonnie perfectly.  They extend above her knees but can be cut to shorten and folded over to create ankle socks if desired.  
Now it appears she is wearing tights with her white patent-leather Mary Janes.

The final look; she is now perfect from head to toe. (A hairpin holds the front of her hair down which is combed to the side.  I wanted to add a white barrette, but the hairpin was more accessible.)

All About the Doll sells a variety of high-quality, affordable dolls that use this same head sculpt in a choice of complexions, hair and eye colors, and hairstyles.  All dolls have different names.  Separate clothing and accessories for the dolls are also available.  Visit their website here.

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for following, commenting, and sharing using the share button below.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,

    I really enjoyed this review!
    I have been thinking about buying this doll for some time. I think that she is adorable!❤️ I may just add her to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the review CSDollbliss! I believe you'll enjoy/love Teonnie, too. I can hardly wait for you to get her and dress her as fabulously as you dress your other dolls.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Debbie did you won any dolls from your blog readers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I understand your question, Nicholas? Are you asking if companies have given me dolls (to review) or if blog readers have given me dolls? I have never been given a doll to review. All my reviews are based on my purchases. Blog readers have sent dolls to me and friends (who might also be blog readers) have given me dolls as gifts.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. I mean did you ever received a doll from one of your reader as a gift?

      Delete
    3. What dolls? cause i loved your blog so much that makes me want to give you black dolls made only on Brazil.

      Delete
    4. That's sweet of you to want to give me dolls only made in Brazil, Nicholas. The dolls I have been given have mostly been souvenir type dolls and vintage composition and cloth dolls that date back to the 1930s. Some of the cloth dolls are stereotypical (with exaggerated facial features) that fall into the category of Black Americana. Some are handmade, one of a kind dolls, so you probably wouldn't be familiar with them. I don't typically collect these types of dolls, but because they were offered to me and they needed a home, I accepted them as gifts and doll adoptees. I have written blog posts about these doll gifts. One post can be read here.

      A doll friend who knows I like Black Barbie clones and Barbie competitors (Black fashion dolls that are not Barbie) is always on the lookout for those for me.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. You're welcome! I am happy to know that I have introduced you to these high-quality, lovely dolls. The price is exceptional!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie, I am glad to see Teonnie getting more exposure. Take good care of yourself and of your family! Arlette

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!