Thursday, December 26, 2019

The Off-Shoulder Blouse

This lovely graphic off-shoulder blouse was made by Nises Designs.

After I saw images on Facebook of dolls wearing this blouse, I inquired about how I might own one.  The designer of the blouse, Denise "Nise" McKenna of Nises Designs made it happen.

Made of felt, the blouse was designed for The Black Doll Affair's 12th Annual USA Doll Giveaway* held on December 7, 2019, in Atlanta, Georgia.  Fresh Dolls donated by Dr. Lisa (creator of that doll line) were dressed in this blouse and knee-length skirts.

The blouse has the image of a lovely Nubian Queen on the front.  I had to decide which of my dolls would wear it.  It did not take long for me to choose the fashion doll that recently arrived from China as the doll to wear this lovely blouse.

My "China doll" is shown wearing this lovely black blouse.
I looked in my doll stash of clothing to find a skirt or pants to pair with the blouse but did not find anything.  With nothing on hand suitable for her to wear with the blouse, I made a full-length skirt for the doll using a burnt orange square piece of felt.

The felt was wrapped around the doll's waist with the top corner of one side underneath the other.  The top side was wrapped over to the side of the skirt.  Thin strips of self-adhesive Velcro were placed at the waist and only along one side of the skirt as illustrated next.

Thin strips of the hook surface of the Velcro were placed along one side of the skirt.  Because felt easily adheres to Velcro hooks, I did not have to use the smoother Velcro on the other side of the skirt.
With the upper side of the skirt pressed onto the Velcro on the bottom side, the skirt stays closed as illustrated here.  The final step in making the skirt was to trim the bottom.


For the very final touches, I painted her original silver earrings and bracelet metallic gold and changed her lip color from bright pink to a shimmery orange by painting over the pink with the metallic gold paint.  



She looks ready to celebrate Kwanzaa week.

Thank you again, Nise, for making it possible for me to own one of your lovely designs.

*Visit The Black Doll Affair's website or Facebook page to learn more about their philanthropic efforts to instill self-esteem in Black living dolls through the use of Black inanimate dolls.

Happy Kwanzaa!

Kwanzaa History

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for following, commenting, and sharing using the share button below.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

3 comments:

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!