Thursday, May 7, 2020

Felt Doll by Mary Vasquez

Brown felt doll by Mary Vazquez

This circa 1980s doll by Mary Vazquez manufactured by Lloyderson Dolls of Spain was recently offered on eBay during a time that I obviously needed low-cost retail therapy.


She is 20 inches tall, made of brown felt with a brown felt shoulder plate. Her hard molded, Tweety bird-shaped head is covered with brown felt.


Yarn was used for the baby's short black hair.  She has black side-glancing eyes and a cute pouty mouth.

The body and limbs are stuffed cloth. The limbs are brown felt; the body is white cloth.

She wears a brass-tone bracelet.
This baby wears her original pink and white striped romper, matching bonnet, and a brass-tone bracelet with a charm that reads Mary Vazquez. I'll add white booties to complete her look later.

I think she is adorable.

I have not found much information about the artist or the company for whom she made dolls (Lloyderson Dolls of Spain) but my research will continue and I will update this post accordingly.

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for following, commenting, and sharing using the share button below.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. She is really cute and has a unique look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, April. It is rare for me to buy baby dolls. Her felt medium and unique look were the deciding factors.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. She is too cute. She reminds me of the dolls my mother used to sew in her youth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me introduce myself my name is Joanne I came across a couple of black dolls I'm trying to find out if they worth anything cuz they look like collector

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Joanne. Thanks for writing. If you'd like help in determining the value of your dolls, please following the instructions outlined under the Doll Identification and Value tab of this blog. Or click here. Thank you!

      dbg

      Delete
  4. I have the twin brother of the brown felt doll by Mary Vasquez. I have been searching for the sister - the doll shown here for several years with no luck. I would love to find her so I could have the pair. His outfit is a plaid romper with a white shirt underneath & news boy type hat. His outfit wouldn't match hers at all so I wonder if she has a different outfit that she comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cindy. I believe boy and girls were made wearing different sets of clothing. My girl probably has a male counterpart dressed in clothes that match hers. So there is probably a girl dressed in clothes that match your boy. Good luck finding his mate.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!