Thursday, May 27, 2021

The Perfect Birthday Gifts



This year I received two unexpected dolls as birthday gifts and several surprise doll ornaments, pins, and accessories.


Birthday Joy Wendy, style #75120, was introduced in 2019. 


Inside birthday Joy Wendy's sheer bubble skirt are several multicolored floral-shaped pieces of confetti.


Birthday Joy Wendy by Madame Alexander was one of my birthday dolls. Sometime during 2020, I told my friend, Debra, that this doll was missing from my Happy Birthday (HBD) Wendy collection. (See my other HBD Wendy's on the left here and in a group picture here). Birthday Joy Wendy was included in my gifts from Debra this year. She also sent several non-doll-related gifts that I cherish.

Because I have expressed my fascination for Ucanaan's BJD seen most recently here and in other recent posts, two members of my doll group (Cheryl Bruce and Phyllis Burns) gave me a male UCanaan BJD. Surprised, thrilled, elated, are just a few words to describe my heartfelt gratitude and delight for their gesture. 

Trenton is seen with a bag of doll goodies that Phyllis said she had been collecting for me for a while. (How wonderful is that?)

Trenton is seen alone in this photo and in a headshot next.

Trenton, whose name on the Ucanaan box appears to be Anshen, is seen in a closeup. 

He'll be back again with his sister later. 

These are the other goodies that were in the package with Trenton.


Birthday cards and a thank you card were in Trenton's shipping box. The baggie from Phyllis contained several doll ornaments and doll pins/brooches by Daisy Carr. There was one pin by Michelle Green and a handmade beaded pin in the baggie. Additionally, an "I Love Dolls" bracelet, a "Dolls Dolls Dolls" bracelet, and an "I love dolls" pin-back were included.

A doll ornament (far left) and doll pins are seen in this close-up photograph.

Two doll ornaments, bracelets, and the pin-back are seen better in this close-up photograph

The pins will be added to my denim pin vest.


Thank you, Debra, Phyllis, and Cheryl for making my birthday celebration extra special. I've always known that only another doll collector can give the perfect gifts to a fellow doll collector.

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. To contact me, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!