Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Tina's Newest Wig

Tina wears a wig by Tonner made for Lizette.

Tina tried this wig on the day she arrived when the above photograph was taken. This wig was supposed to be an Afro wig for Tonner's All-Natural Lizette. Lizette only wore it once before I stored it with similar-size wigs. While stored, the coils and curls had gone flat. 

Plan A
While contemplating whether I should buy Tina an Afro wig or make one for her using my saved hair, I decided to do the latter and cut the hair from the Tonner wig and use that wig cap to apply my saved hair.

Instead of following through with Plan A (to make a wig using the Tonner wig cap), Plan B ensued.

Plan B
I lifted the fibers of the Tonner wig with a plastic bristle brush with widely spaced bristles to create the desired Afro for Tina. The process of lifting the fibers loosened the curl pattern to create more natural-textured fluffed-out fibers.

Tina models her new-to-her wig below.
This doesn't look like the same wig as seen in the first picture, does it?

Full view

From the back


Her hair accessory has been added.

I think she likes it.

I like it.

Yes, she likes it.


Thanks to the fluffed-out Tonner wig that now looks great on Tina, I'll get to use my baggie of hair for something else. 

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. To contact me, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

2 comments:

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!