Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Mini Chou-Chou Stain Removal

Mini Chou-Chou dolls by Zapf

I purchased several Mini Chou-Chou dolls from the Doll Market several years ago. I kept a couple for larger dolls to hold and I sold the rest. The last four were sold together, which was documented in a blog post in July 2012.

Mini Chou-Chou with an ink-stained nose and upper lip.


Recently, I noticed staining on the nose and upper lip of one of my remaining Mini Chou Chou dolls. The photos below illustrate what was done to remove the stains.

I generously applied Family Dollar brand acne cream to the stained areas and placed Mini Chou-Chou on the kitchen windowsill for four days where she would receive indirect (morning) and direct (afternoon-to-evening) sunlight.

I removed the acne cream after four days to see if the stains were gone. They were still faintly visible.

I reapplied more acne cream (which contains 10% benzoyl peroxide--the ingredient that helps remove ink stains from vinyl)...

...and Mini Chou-Chou was placed back on the windowsill to receive more sunlight, which speeds up the process of benzoyl peroxide stain removal from vinyl. She was left there for three more days.

After the third additional day, the acne cream was removed and the stains are gone!

Because this stain removal treatment has worked for me countless times, a tube of acne cream with 10% benzoyl peroxide as an active ingredient is kept on hand at all times.

©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job cleaning her, but how on earth did she get ink on her in the arms of a doll??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This doll was in a basket with other dolls when the stain occurred. Something from one of the other dolls stained the nose and upper lip. It could have been paint or dye from one of the other doll's garments or shoes. I have since moved the suspected doll from that basket to a different display area where it doesn't touch another doll. This doll is also in another location.

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!