Thursday, August 17, 2023

Doll Purchases in Review Part 2

eBay doll-related purchases on October 26th and 27th 2020


In this series of blog posts, I am reviewing dolls and doll-related items purchased on eBay that date back to 2020. This is post 2 in the series. The link to the previous post in this series is at the end of this post.

I made two eBay purchases on October 26, 2020.

Candy-stripe-print dress

October 26, 2020. The candy-stripe-print dress is designed to fit 13-1/2-inch Paola Reina dolls. I purchased it for Maru and Friends Halle Minipal to wear. After determining that the dress would fit Halle through message communications with the seller, I asked the seller if she could make a bolero for the dress. She didn't think she could, but much to my surprise, she made one at no extra cost and sent it along with the dress. See Halle wearing the dress and bolero here. Also check out this seller's current listings if you are in need of reasonably priced clothes that fit Paola Reina and similar-sized dolls. 


Cloth doll diapers

October 26, 2020 I needed diapers for two 16-inch vintage dolls that were loaned to a museum for a black dolls exhibition. I purchased two sets of diapers designed to fit Bitty Baby. They didn't quite fit the intended dolls. So, I informed the seller (since I had given her the dolls' measurements and she assured me they would fit before the purchase was made). The seller made two larger diapers for me that fit perfectly and arrived in time for the scheduled exhibition. A doll friend took a photo of the dolls that were on display in this out-of-state exhibition.


1/6 male jeans jacket and pants

After I successfully placed my Chadwick Boseman action-figure head on an appropriate body, on October 27, 2020, I ordered the above jeans jacket and pants. Chadwick modeled the two-piece fashion along with a red turtleneck sweater that I purchased separately. Chad is featured in this blog post

Read part 1 here.



©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie did you heard about Somi the First Ever Interactive African American STEM Doll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard about the SOMI doll. Thank you for asking, Nicholas.

      Delete
  2. I think my favorite of these purchases is the jean jacket and jeans. I just love doll clothes that are just like human clothes! This set is a perfect miniature. Did you ever photograph him with his turtleneck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when doll clothes are mini replicas of human clothes, too. That's why I enjoyed playing with Barbies as a child. The clothing from the 1960s perfectly replicated fashions worn during that time including authentic fabrics and metal closures.

      Other than the photo taken of Chadwick before I attached the head, I have not taken a photo with just the turtleneck and jeans.

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!