Thursday, August 24, 2023

Who Am I?

Unknown 33-inch male figure

Speaking for this figure,

I am a 33-inch male figure. I don't know if I am  a doll or a store counter mannequin. Because of my clothes, my owner thinks I might be from the '30s or '40s.

I was formerly owned by a collector who has passed away. Her family did not know anything about her dolls, most of which were from the 1920s through 1950s.

I have a tan-brown complexion, black straight hair, and a cigarette or cigar in my mouth. My body, legs, and left arm are straw filled with a wire inside for posing the arm. My right arm is jointed in the shoulder and elbow and also made of wood. My feet are wooden shoes. The bottom of one of my shoes has a paper label marked 'Made in Spain'. My hands are solid latex rubber and are molded to hold something. My eyes are glass, and my eyebrows are either hair or some kind of fur. My head is either made of thick paper maché or paper maché over composition and my face is flocked.
Who am I?

Any leads that will help identify this unusual figure will be greatly appreciated and passed on to the current owner. Thank you in advance.

©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a clue, but I am totally impressed by his clothes. They look very well made. The flocking is a little strange, around the chin it could be stubble - but looks odd being all over the face. Whatever he is, he is very well done.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!