Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Doll Purchases in Review Part 1



I recently reviewed my eBay purchase history and revisited purchases that extend back to October 2020. I have decided to share the doll and doll-related purchases in a series of blog posts. This is the first post in the series.

1/6 scale male muscular action figure


On October 1, 2020, I purchased a muscular action figure body with the intention of using it for a Chadwick Boseman head that I purchased after the actor's untimely death in August 28, 2020. Read the results of that plan here


Shackman Sleepy Baby

On October 11, 2020, Shackman Sleepy Baby from 1957 was on its way to the collection. Read about Sleepy Baby here and view the Virtual Black Doll Museum installation here.


H. Hargrove painting

Because I love most things related to black dolls, I had to have this painting by H. Hargrove of a little black girl tucking her doll in bed. The painting was purchased on October 17, 2020. Read the blog post about it here.

This series will continue as a fill-in for days when I have nothing else doll-related to write about. Except for this week, unless something else to write about surfaces, the series probably will not be completed in back-to-back posts.

Until next time,



©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. I remembered the Chadwick doll and the painting but had forgotten about the Sleepy Baby. I enjoyed reading about all of them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed reading about Sleepy Baby. She is an interesting doll.

      Delete
  2. Hi Debbie did you received my email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Nicholas. I did not receive your email.

      Delete
    2. Could you Tell me your email i think i wrote wrong

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!