Wednesday, December 14, 2011

American Girl Cécile Rey x2

25th Anniversary Special Edition Mini Cécile Rey and Mini Cécile Rey
In November, I ordered and received the 25th Anniversary Special Edition Mini Cécile Rey along with the other mini version of the 18-inch, newest dark skinned American Girl doll family member.  Yesterday's post about mini Addy, prompted me to share live images of the two mini Céciles.

Unlike Addy, Cécile Rey and none of her family members have ever been enslaved.

From the book's jacket cover:
Cécile Rey is growing up in New Orleans in 1853. She can't wait for Mardi Gras, when the year's grandest costume ball is held. This year Cécile wants to be une originale -- like no one else! She just hasn't figured out a costume that will be special enough. Then one day as she is helping her new friend, Marie-Grace, at singing lessons, Cécile comes up with the perfect idea. When the magical night arrives, Cécile and Marie-Grace share a daring adventure -- one that makes the Mardi Gras ball different from any other.
The special edition 25th anniversary doll will be available until December 31, 2011, or while supplies last.  The other mini doll does not have an end-of-sale date.  Each 6-inch vinyl-with-cloth-body doll comes with the Meet Cécile book.  The cover jacket illustrations differ.  The 25th anniversary book features a headshot of Cecile and "25 Years."  The other book includes a torso image of Cécile.

I have added my three new AG mini dolls to this year's Christmas decorations.

dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

8 comments:

  1. Oooh! A doll with my name! Love it! She is very pretty. Love the story with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to add these 2 to the mix as well..LOL. Love these minis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want them. The American Girl store near me is so far away (45 mins), I may have to drive there this weekend. So cute!

    P.S. I am including my blog info in all current post because I was informed by Vanessa that my blog is showing that it no longer exist. This is because I changed it early on. My blog info is the following:

    www.pinkdiva63.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chynadoll - Indeed she does share your name!

    Dollz4mois - I love the mini's too. I have the first Addy, Kaya, and now the most recent three.

    Georgia Girl - 45 minutes is quite a distance, but it may be worth the trip. Hope the weather permits. Thanks for sharing the link to your blog. I am now a follower.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them both. Thanks for sharing her and her story.

    Dollz4Moi - How's your clearing out going. All your recent comments have you adding new dolls.

    Georgia Girl - Pack a lunch and start driving. If you are not driving at least 30 mins around here, you aren't going anywhere. It is worth the trip if you haven't been. Isn't FAO Schwartz there, too? Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following. I tried to send response to your email but it bounced. I sent a second one. Did you receive it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Vanessa - no FAO is not there...well not at North Point Mall. I wish it was. Most likely I will make a trip out there. I believe that both stores are at The Mall of Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Georgia Girl - Yes, I received the 2nd response. I sent a reply to you, but it must have bounced. I'll try emailing you from a different server to see if we can communicate. I don't think AOL likes sbcglobal.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!