Tuesday, December 13, 2011

American Girl Addy Collectible Mini Doll



Available now through December 31, 2011, or while supplies last, I gave in and ordered the 25th Anniversary Collectible American Girl Mini Addy. The 6-inch vinyl and cloth doll and her mini abridged book, Addy's Surprise arrived today.

Set in 1864 Philadelphia, the story tells of Addy's first Christmas "in freedom." Having recently escaped slavery with her mother, Addy misses the family they left behind.  She also learns that freedom isn't free.

From her errand-girl job, Addy struggles to save extra money to buy a red scarf from a second-hand store as a surprise Christmas gift for her mother.  Not included in the abridged mini book, the unabridged version unveils a surprise that Addy receives for herself. 

dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

8 comments:

  1. I may have to cave in and get her. I have the 1st version and like the dress on this one :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have her on my wish list for Christmas, but my family never buy me dolls, so I may have to get her myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get her, Georgia Girl. I usually tell my daughter the name and/or give her the link to the website of a doll I want for Christmas. I've done that with my son. It works. Try asking for it. There is an AG Store in your area so there's still time.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dollz4Moi - The different dress is the reason I wanted this one, too.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Addy and all of her stories are heartwarming including her Christmas story. Nice purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely worth having. I won't buy here, but you have reminded me that I want to go hang out at the American Girl store for a few hours. I can spend hours in that store just people watching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Addy sort of reminds me of Jessi aka Jessica Ramsey from The Baby Sitters Club (Author's Collection by Scholastic) she's about 18 inches tall. I do plan to purchase Addy, considering I did buy her for my God Child year's ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessi is a lovely doll (much lovelier than Addy, in my opinion). It took a while for me to find her, but I finally did a short while after she was released. The other 18-inch Baby-Sitter's club dolls were plentiful in Toys R Us, particularly the Asian, but Jessi was no where to be found locally.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!