Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Below are images of dolls I incorporated into my Christmas décor this year.
Daddy's Long Legs Santa
Madame Alexander dolls on dining table include this year's Christmas doll, far right, Ribbon Candy.
Shirley Temple-type transitional doll circa 1940s holds a ty Beanie Baby.
Almost Charlie Brown-looking, mini Christmas tree is decorated with Barbie holiday ornaments, one mini Bratz Sasha, and a porcelain angel on top.
In a basket under the full-sized tree are Ginny dolls, an OOAK Ginny Boy, Tonner's Christmas Dru and Gingerbread Dru.  An OOAK baby rests in an antique-style pram.
Emilee and Matoka are inseparable.  They love to wear matching Dollie and Me fashions.

Singing Holiday Sisters, Barbie, Stacie, and Kelly adorn the coffee table in living room alongside another mini tree.

American Girl Cécile and Addy 25th Anniversary mini dolls and the regular issue Mini Cécile visit Santa.

~*~*~*~*~
"Borrowed" this year by my mother and shown below are Tevin and Ayana and the two dolls she "borrowed" last year, all redressed for Christmas.
Tevin and Ayana are the babies seated in red chairs.

Finally, click the arrows to listen to two different versions of the Christmas song that inspired this post.





Have a Merry Christmas and a healthy, productive, prosperous New Year!

dbg

7 comments:

  1. I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas, too, DBG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decor really brings out the cheerful holiday spirit. Seasons Greetings and Best Wishes for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Merry Christmas and Blessings for the New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feliz Navidad, Merry Christmas from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! That had to be so much fun pulling out Christmas dolls and items that you only see once a year and redressing...ooh just the thought. Merry Christmas and Hapoy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss my Luther. I sure wouldn't mind having Mr. Saxophone in my 1/6 collection. Your dolls are beautiful. I really like your Emilee and Matoka. Your American Girl dolls fit in really nicely. Awww the Holiday sisters. Now they have the Charlie Brown tree! Go decorate that tree! I have the Caucausian version still boxed in the basement. I may be getting another set soon. My dolls are dressed in red though. I was happy to see a picture of your mom's tree, too. Who knows, this post may motivate me to decorate someone's house.
    Have a very Merry Christmas! It's been wonderful being a part of your blogging family this year. Hope to see you back here again next Christmas. No really, I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies!

    Again, I am wishing you all the very merriest of Christmases. It has been a pleasure to have you "read me" and be blessed with the ability to "read you." In some way, form, or fashion, you have motivated me to continue to do what I do and to expand my creative horizons. So thank you for all that you do.

    Vanessa, I want you here this time next year too... making videos, furniture and doll food, writing doll stories, creating doll families, and getting me teary-eyed from time to time (like now).

    All my best!

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!