Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TrueType AA (Obama) and TrueType AA (Terrence Howard) Comparison

An anonymous commenter to my blog post of August 20, 2010, regarding the TrueType African American (Obama) figure, wanted to know:
Can I add the True Type Terrance Howard head to the True Type Obama body? Do the colors match well enough? I have been trying to buy True Type Terrance Howard but can not find it. I can only find the head.
I replied, "yes," to the first question and promised to take comparison photographs to illustrate the complexion and height differences  between these two figures. 

(TrueType Obama removed his shirt without a fuss for the complexion comparison, but he adamantly refused to remove his tie.)

As shown in the above image, the "Obama" figure's tan-brown complexion has gray undertones while the "Terrence Howard" figure's complexion has a reddish-brown hue.  With a head swap, I think the difference will be unnoticeable or barely so. 


As shown better in this back-to-back image, at 12- and 11-1/2 inches, respectively, the "Obama" figure is taller than the Terrence Howard Figure. 

Note: I did not remove the heads to test whether or not they will actually fit the other body, but I assume since they are both TrueType, they will. 

dbg

6 comments:

  1. What is the "Official name" of the terrance howard TT figure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Lola,

      The Terrence Howard look-a-like’s official name is Hot Toys TrueType - African American (New Generation Slim Body Version). You'll probably be able to find it in search engines as Truetype African American Slim Body.

      For those interested, the Obama look-a-like’s official name is: 1/6 Scale Truetype Body - African American Advanced TTM-15

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a blessing...you have both of my grails when it comes to male dolls. Very nice. You have a lot of nice dolls. Do you have a grail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Georgia Girl!

      I regret not purchasing Integrity Toys original Darius. I am confident that he'll eventually surface at a price I am willing to pay.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for responding so quickly to my question and even posting pics. I just stumbled upon your site and it is so informative. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I am glad I could be of help to you.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!