Thursday, January 16, 2020

Teonnie's Quick Redress and Handle Repairs

Teonnie enjoys being redressed.
While looking through some doll clothes for doll shoes, I saw this Magic Attic fashion that was purchased over a decade ago and decided to see if it would fit Teonnie.

Teonnie models most of her new-to-her clothes.

I tried the navy blue-print skirt on her first.  The waist is only slightly wider than Teonnie's slender waist, but she can wear it without the skirt twisting around.

The white camisole, which snaps closed in the back, fits her perfectly as do the navy blue Mary-Jane-style shoes.  A pair of knit tights were stored in the same package with the fashion, but I am not sure if they came with it.  They also fit her perfectly.


Lastly, Teonnie tried on the denim jacket, which is lined in white satin-like fabric and tagged Magic Attic. The jacket snaps closed at the fur-trimmed cuffs, which makes it easy to put on and take off. 

Teonnie models the complete fashion that was Magic Attic Allison's 2003 starter outfit as seen here.
 **********

The handles on two doll cases that I use for storing Barbie clothing and clothing for other 11-to-12-inch fashion dolls were broken.  I did not take before photos before repairing these.

One case is a 1963 double-sided Barbie case as shown above in a photo after the handle was repaired.

The other case is a 1970s fashion doll case by Miner, again photographed after the repair.  The image of the brown girl on the front of this case can be seen better here.

My first attempt at repairing the handles was with a hot glue gun.  The glue did not bond the parts.  I then wrapped and molded air-drying clay around the connected parts.  This was allowed to dry and harden.  The clay areas were painted after the clay dried as illustrated in the next two images.

The repaired area of the handle of the Barbie case was painted with black acrylic paint. Black enamel paint would have provided better aesthetics or sealing the acrylic paint with a glossy varnish, but I had neither of those available.
Repaired area of the Miner case handle was also painted with misty white acrylic paint.

Even though both cases are filled to the brim with doll clothes and accessories, which makes them heavy, I believe the air-drying clay will hold the handles together.  This was a quick way to handle an annoying problem.

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for following, commenting, and sharing using the share button below.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Teonnie looks really good in the Magic Attic outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teonnie is beautiful and looks great in that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable doll! (I am a sucker for dolls with big smiles!) Her clothes are so cute too!. Wise choice for repairing the handle. Once I discovered the epoxy clay, not only am I making shoe soles with it, I'm also repairing things like broken doll stands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to invest in some epoxy clay. Is it something that requires mixing?

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!