Friday, April 9, 2021

Barbie Fashion Doll Pen Maya (Barbie)

Barbie Fashion Doll Pen

Twice within the same week, I saw photos of the Maya (Barbie) Fashion Doll Pen. I was initially directed to a seller on Walmart's website, who offered three different Barbie pens, but I did not have the ability to choose the one I desired without taking extra steps to inform the seller which one I wanted. 
I then searched Google and found the pens on the Pack Turtle website (find the link below). 

After the pen arrived, I was surprised by the articulated head and arms. The legs are frozen. The medium-point black ink pen is functional, as expected, but it would be a little clumsy to write with, I think. The removable pink Barbie signature base serves as a stand when the pen is not in use.

I took several photos of the pen, which are shared below:

The doll pen is shown on the side panel of the box.

An illustration of how the pen writes is included on the back of the box along with smaller images of all three versions, which include a blonde and a tan brunette.

The other side panel illustrates several different Barbies.

The clothing and shoes are molded on. The dress and the necklace are reminiscent of those worn by Barbie Fashionista #80 Cheerful Check.

The head sculpt and hairstyle are also like Cheerful Check's.

The check design of the molded-on dress extends to the back.

In this photo, the pen has been removed from the Barbie signature base.

Here is a link to Pack Turtle's buy page for the Barbie Fashion Doll Pens made by Super Impulse Limited with the copyright year of 2018. After you cart the pen shown on the buy page (the tan brunette), use the drop-down menu to select the actual pen you desire to purchase. (This doll's name is shown as Maya in the menu.) Quantities were low at the time this post was scheduled to publish. 

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. To contact me, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!