Thursday, September 30, 2021

Shari's New Shoes

Shari Lewis by Madame Alexander

Last year, my cousin sent me her sister's childhood doll, Madame Alexander's 21-inch Shari Lewis. The doll needed restringing as shown here and arrived wearing her original dress with one original stocking and shoe. The elastic on the shoe was stretched. 

Shari's temporary replacement shoes


The doll was restrung and the clothing refreshed. I ordered a pair of replacement stockings and the pair of gold strappy high-heels that the doll wears in the first picture. The shoes are also shown in the close-up photo immediately above this paragraph. Those shoes were to be temporary replacements until I found originals or replicas of the original gold elasticized shoes the doll wore originally.

Shari's new shoes

After being here a little over a year, Shari now has new shoes that replicate her original ones. 

Shari Lewis by Madame Alexander, the 21-inch version, models her new shoes.

My initial thought was to fully restore the doll, buy a display case for it, and return it to the original owner — my other cousin, the older sister of the cousin who sent me the doll. The older sister/cousin has a granddaughter who was born on my birthday. I'd like for her to have the doll; however, she's only about five — too young in my opinion to appreciate the doll, which is the reason I will buy a display case for Shari Lewis if I do return it. 

Read my initial blog post about this doll here


dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!