Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Darice Fashion Doll for Crafts

Darice fashion doll for crafting, circa 1980s-1990s

As a collector of Barbie clones and competitors, I made an offer on this Barbie competitor after seeing it in an auction listing. The offer was accepted. The doll's body is similar in construct to 1980s-1990s Barbies that have twist 'n turn waists and click-bend knees. I could not get the waist to twist and turn, but it will bend back and forward. So maybe it's not supposed to twist and turn after all. The torso is hard plastic. The arms are soft bendable vinyl (but won't hold a pose). The legs are vinyl (not hollow). The original retail price was $2.79 when sold in Mac's Hobbies and Crafts.

This terribly small image illustrates the pieces of the Barbie All That Jazz ensemble. (I could not find my original photo; this small photo is copied from my Excel spreadsheet for 2017.)


After photographing the doll in the manufactured packaged state, I redressed it in the fashion previously worn by the 2006 release of the Barbie All That Jazz doll. I received this fashion in 2017 as a birthday gift. I rediscovered it about a week before purchasing the Darice doll and decided then that I would dress some of my dolls—whether they are Barbies or not—in my vintage and repro Barbie fashions. This is the first doll to be dressed according to that decision. 

The All That Jazz fashion includes a multicolored orange, green, hot pink, and metallic gold striped sleeveless dress.

A matching coat with a gold lamΓ© belt, beige sparkly hose, orange pumps, and white cotton panties complete the fashion.

The Darice doll strikes a final pose in her new clothes.

This photo illustrates the doll's rooted, below-the-waist-length black wavy hair.

I added photos of this doll and my curated description to the DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum installation titled, Non-Barbie Fashion Dolls, Clones, and Competitors. You may read that installation or bookmark it for later reading here


©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!