Thursday, March 23, 2023

Vestida de Azul 18 inch Boy


A handsome 18-inch (45 cm) boy by Vestida de Azul joins the collection.


This handsome, new-to-me doll was purchased from another collector. He has a custom short curly brown wig permanently attached to his now-cut rooted brown hair. Made in Europe by Vestida de Azul of Spain, he might have originated as a doll like the one shown here (except the other doll's hair is black and much longer).

His jersey reads "Team USA 23."

I like the shorter wig and the way the previous owner dressed him in a sports outfit and Chuck's-style high-top sneakers.

He needed something to hold. So, I gave him a piece of Dubble Bubble bubble gum.


Made of all rubber-like, sturdy vinyl, he has brown stationary eyes and applied upper eyelashes. A rare 18-inch Black boy doll, the girls in the collection will have to make room for his presence.


©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh he's cute! If that was his original hair, I like the wig he has now better. I want to find a doll like him but in a smaller size. I don't want to get started with 18" dolls! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michelle! What size dolls do you collect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to stick to no more than 14" tall. My tallest dolls right now are Mini Maru, but I am actually partial to the 8" size Mini Las Amigas. I wish there was more variety in them. I like the mini American Girl size too. My clay doll is 5" if I remember right. I need to get some pics of him. Our house is a disaster from Mom needing so much care, so I am working on getting it cleaned up so I can actually display my dolls. We aren't a candidate for hoarders, but we do have too much clutter built up. I just didn't notice till she was gone and I had time to look. I have seen many of yours go by that I would like to own! I am in love with all of your club dolls. Its a shame you guys aren't doing them anymore. My favorite is the wooden doll with her own stump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for answering. Dolls sized 14 and under are usually easy to display if space is available. I have had to limit larger dolls and baby dolls due to space constraints.

    The club doll that I named Kizzy that has its own stump by Kor January is one of my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!