Thursday, April 27, 2023

Ariel, Barbie Fashionista 207, and Barbie Fashionista 210

The Little Mermaid (Ariel), Barbie Fashionista 210 and 207

The Little Mermaid (Ariel) on Land (as a human with legs) and Barbie Fashionistas 207 (pink-streaked hair) and #210 (bun hairstyle and yellow sunglasses) arrived recently. 


The Little Mermaid on Land, Arial

Even though she only has the usual five points of articulation, I love Ariel. Mattel captured Halle Bailey's likeness to perfection.  The noticeable difference between the doll and the actress/singer is that all of the doll's hair is not twisted (loc'd). Only the top layer is twisted and the rest hangs loose. Otherwise, the doll actually looks like Halle

This close-up illustrates Ariel's lovely head sculpt.

The untwisted (loose) hair should be visible in this photo and the one immediately above.

Arial wears a light-blue dress with a ruffled collar. 

The skirt of the dress mimics crepe. Brown sandals cover her flat feet.


Barbie Fashionista #207 arrived first. I was on the fence about keeping this doll because she doesn't look exactly like the prototype image to me.

Barbie Fashionista #207


Barbie Fashionista #207 is a pink-streaked brunette. There is a visible mole beneath the lower lip on the doll's left, and she has brown-painted eyes. This doll uses the Curvy Barbie body and wears a heart-print sweater dress and lavender wedge-soled crocs. 


The heart-print sweater dress is visible in this photo.

The lavender crocs have cutouts of stars and hearts.

Barbie Fashionista #207 (the prototype and the produced doll)

I think Barbie Fashionista #207 is a lovely doll, but she doesn't look exactly like the prototype in my opinion. What do you think?

Barbie Fashionista 210

Barbie Fashionista #210  has a deeper complexion than #207, which I like.  She appears to use the Tall Barbie body.  Like Ariel and #207, #210 has the usual five points of articulation. 

Her dark brown hair is styled in a bun with two tendrils in front.

She wears a faux-crocheted halter dress with yellow sandals on her flat feet.

The sandals


This is a comparison between the prototype doll and the produced doll.

The doll in the prototype image looks more sophisticated than the produced doll. Maybe that's because the produced doll is not wearing the sunglasses on her face and her hair is not styled exactly like the prototype doll's. I like her a lot better than I do #207, but by far, Arial is my favorite of these three.

Ariel, Fashionistas #210 and #207

I ordered all three from Amazon.


©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. I love the Ariel doll, they did a great job with her. Maybe they didn't put locs all over so kids could brush her hair? Her face is amazing. Barbie 210's prototype to me looks more young than the actual doll Funny thing is we see it different but for the same reason - I think the sunglasses give her a youthful look. Barbie 207 is okay, but she doesn't seem special in any way to the rest that are out there. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your photos of these dolls! Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie if you liked little mermaid i think you will love Asha doll from disney wish movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asha is a nice doll, but not one that I want to add to my collection. I have to be very selective in what I buy because of space issues.

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!