Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Kissy's Romper

Kissy by Ideal Toy Corp. (dyed)


In 2023, I wrote about a doll-dyeing task that took 25 years to complete. For several years, I thought a black Ideal Kissy existed and later discovered a black version was never made. I still wanted a black version. During the late 1990s, I purchased an all-original white Kissy and attempted to dye it. The results were disastrous. I kept the doll unassembled in a closet for years. In the meantime, I sold the doll's original red and white gingham romper and red shoes. 

Dyed and reassembled Kissy wears an infant-size romper and shoes.

Last year, I completed the dyeing task and regretted selling the doll's original clothes and shoes. I had suitable infant-size clothes for Kissy to wear, but I still longed for her original romper.

Kissy's original romper is in a photo taken by the seller.

I found (without looking for it) the original romper listed in an auction simply as a "vintage doll's dress." I immediately knew it was Kissy's. I made an offer, the seller accepted, and now Kissy has her original romper. 

Ideal Kissy wears her original romper.

She still needs her original red shoes. I'll eventually find those or a suitable replacement pair. Until I do, she will wear white cloth Mary-Jane-style infant-size shoes.

She's so adorable!

Related Link:

©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!