Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Barbie Fashionista 233



Barbie Fashionista 233 uses the Tall (12-1/2-inch) Barbie body with flat feet. Reportedly, the LeAnn Rimes Barbie was the first to use this head sculpt, which is referred to as the Carnaval sculpt. In 2017, it was used for The Barbie Look Nighttime Glamour Doll.

The dolls in this wave of Fashionistas are illustrated on the side of the box. Fashionista 233 is the third doll from the left.


This out-of-the-box photo illustrates the length of her floral/checkered-print dress and her orange platform-heeled shoes

I trimmed a few uneven strands from the ends of the hair before this photo was taken.


She has a very lovely face.

The head sculpt (one of my favorites) and the brightly colored dress caught my attention because of its mod-era look. I pierced her ears with hot pink 1/8-inch map pins from an assortment of map pins purchased on Amazon

I'm still determining if I'll redress her.


She now has a shortened hemline.

I shortened the dress's length by tucking it under. After the above photo was taken, I removed the dress, turned it inside out, added double-sided tape to the edge of the hemline, and folded the hemline up to cover the tape to permanently shorten the dress.

Fashionista 233 posed with two other dolls that share the same head sculpt. 

The Barbie Look Nighttime Glamour, Fashionista 233, and Fashionista 135 use the Carnaval head sculpt.

This lovely trio posed for a close-up photo.

Here is the Amazon buy link if you'd like to add Fashionista 233 to your collection.

Related Links 








©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!