Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Doll Purchases in Review Part 5

These are dolls were purchased on eBay between March 31, 2021, and June 5, 2021.

In this series of blog posts, I am reviewing dolls and doll-related items purchased on eBay that date back to 2020. This is post 5 in the series. The links to the previous posts in this series are at the end of this post.

A wooden doll by Patti Hale needed to be assembled.

This 16-inch doll made of wood by Patti Hale, circa the 1980s, needed to be restrung upon arrival. Read her blog post here and see her installation in DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll museum here.


This lovely 19-inch 14R Bride Doll arrived in May 2021.

This doll was purchased for a friend who collects 18- to 20-inch 1950s high-heel fashion dolls. She and other dolls like her have been installed in my virtual black doll museum.


Bessie by Sebino of Spain

Bessie, a 1970s fashion doll, was one of my few holy grail dolls. The moment I saw her lovely face in a Pinterest photo, I knew I had to have her. It took me a few years to find Bessie. Se was well worth the wait. Read more about her here where there is a link to her museum installation. 

Links to Previous Posts in This Series
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!









2 comments:

  1. Bessie is cute and the bride doll is beautiful, but Lorna steals the show on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michelle! Lorna is indeed a very unique doll.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!