Tuesday, February 6, 2024

1st Three of 2024

Defa Lucy Fashion Girl's shipping box

Doll 1, Defa Lucy Fashion Girl

A Defa Lucy Fashion Girl was my first 2024 purchase. The doll is described on the cardboard box used to ship it as "Curly Hair Dark Skin Fashion Doll." Defa Lucy is a China-based doll manufacturer.

Defa Lucy Fashion Girl

Inside the shipping box, the doll was in her blister card box covered with a piece of bubble wrap for additional protection.

Defa Lucy Fashion Girl has a very pretty face and is not a Barbie clone but can be considered a Barbie competitor.
 
Full view, still in the box

My only issue with this doll is the super-thin, shapeless legs. It does have click-bend knees. According to other owners of this doll, the curly hair is closely rooted. The clothes are the basic style used for the more popular 11-1/2-inch fashion doll and include a two-piece (top and skirt) of polyester in a multicolored print with orange as the main color, which matches the orange high-heel pumps. She wears blue hoop plastic earrings and has a cone-shaped translucent orange handbag. 

Defa Lucy Fashion Girl is seen in a photo from "The Internet."



Defa Lucy Fashion Girls are illustrated on the back of the box.

Animated illustrations Defa Lucy Fashion Girl dolls are on the back of this doll's box. At the time of my purchase, the doll I ordered and another one with purple hair were the only two available with deeper complexions. (I ordered from Temu's website—I did not use and will never use their app.)

Doll 2, African Girl by Heidi Ott


Heidi Ott's African Girl II

African Girl II is the name I assigned this 19-inch hard-cast vinyl doll that has a stockinette-over-vinyl body. I have another doll with this same head sculpt by Ott that is dressed differently and has a different hairstyle. I received this doll for the assistance I offered another collector in re-homeing her collection. 

I added the socks and shoes.

African Girl II arrived wearing what I believe is the original light-blue smocked dress with matching panties. I added white lacy ankle socks and black Mary Jane-style shoes to the doll's bare feet.

The banged black wig is styled in a high ponytail with two spiral curls. 

Unlike the other African Girl doll that arrived with a deteriorated now-replaced wig, this doll's wig has withstood the test of time. Both dolls were released in 1988. 

Doll 3, Tressy by Ideal



Tressy by Ideal, 1971

Part of the Ideal Crissy grow-hair family of dolls, Sears Catalog-exclusive, Tressy from 1971 arrived with the Heidi Ott doll. This doll has been redressed in a replica of the original Tressy dress, panties, and headband. The black Ideal Crissy shoes are original. The hair remains silky and the grow-hair mechanism still shortens or lengthens when the back knob is turned.

The new girl (on the left) is shown with my originally dressed Tressy. Both dolls wear replicas of the original Tressy headband.

I now own three Tressy dolls as illustrated in the next and final photo.

My Three Tressys

The center Tressy shown above is the first Tressy I purchased during the late 1990s/early 2000s. Dressed in Crissy's Swirla Curla fashion, the doll's center grow-hair mechanism was beautifully replaced by a previous owner, and the two front-side braids were added.  

Related Links





©Black Doll Collecting/dbg

There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.

__________

Thank you for reading. Comments that are not spam are appreciated. Spam comments will not be published, so don't waste your time. To contact me directly regarding dolls or any of my posts, please use the contact form on the right of the home page, which is visible in "web view." A link to web viewing should be visible at the bottom of this page.

If you're not already a subscriber, visit, "like" and follow the Black Doll Collecting Facebook page or bookmark the Black Doll Collecting home page and visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays when typically new posts are published.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
*New*Visit/Follow DeeBeeGee's Virtual Black Doll Museum
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. They are all great, but of course I am partial to the the Heidi Ott doll. I am glad her wig is doing better than the other doll's did. That was a disaster. I am also partial to the Tressy doll because my Mom would have had one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I probably would have had Tressy as a child, too, had she been available in my area and had I not give up playing with dolls by that time.

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!