Monday, April 29, 2019

Heidi Ott's Charlie a New Boy in Town


Charlie by Heidi Ott, made in Switzerland in 1997, recently arrived brand new, never removed from his original box.
While browsing eBay for Heidi Ott auctions, I stumbled upon this boy that I had seen recently in a photo shared by another happy collector who recently acquired him.  At that time and still now, I marveled at his face because he reminds me of my brother.  Lucky for me, the price was very reasonable and the auction was a buy it now; so I did just that. 

Charlie has been released from his box.

Charlie is from Heidi Otti's 1997 handmade "Little Ones" series.  He is 12 inches tall and has a natural-textured human hair wig, vinyl head, arms and legs, and a stuffed cloth body.  A small area of his upper arms and upper legs is stuffed cloth.

Charlie has hand-painted brown eyes and a beautifully sculpted face.

He is wearing a mushroom color genuine suede vest, a green and tan plaid hooded cotton jacket, red knit short sleeve shirt and dark green pants.  His feet are bare.
Charlie's red sleeveless shirt is worn underneath his green/tan/red plaid cloth hoodie.
He has a nonremovable handkerchief in the mock pocket of his suede vest.
Charlie is marked on back of his neck, "Swiss Design Heidi Ott."  He is a welcome addition to my collection and has now met the others that are here from this series.

Meeting the Others

Charlie met Tom #1 first.  Tom was purchased during the late 1990s shortly after he was released to the market.

Next Charlie met Leonie.  Leonie, also from the late 1990s, arrived in 2017.

8-inch Baby Harry was introduced to Charlie next.  

Finally, my other Tom and Saddie, who arrived with Tom #1 during the late 1990s, met Charlie.
 All the barefoot little ones joined together to take this final picture before returning to their separate areas of display or boxes.  Tom #1 and Saddie remain on display.  I do still have their original boxes.  Baby Harry returned to his original box.  Tom #2 (a gift from a doll friend) and Leonie are kept in Tom #2's box.  Charlie will probably remain in his original box, too, unless he desires to spend some time on the shelf with Tom #1 and Saddie.  

dbg


There are countless items to collect and write about. Black dolls chose me.
__________

Thank you for following, commenting, and sharing using the share button below.

Check out what I am selling here
Check out my eBay listings here.
Please follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black.
Donate here to support this blog. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. These dolls have some beautifully painted faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, he is a real cutie pie!!! You have so many adorable dolls, how do you figure out which one to pick up and hug when you enter your doll room!!!???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doll that usually gets my hands attention on is one that needs it the most at that time. They have a way of letting me know they need me. 😊

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!